John A. Perry is a savvy civil litigator, appellate specialist, and legal strategist licensed to practice in California and Georgia.
These days, Mr. Perry calls Savannah, GA, home, but he was born and raised in the San Gabriel Valley of Southern California. As an undergrad, he attended the University of California San Diego where he graduated with a double major in Political Science and European History.
While studying at Southwestern Law School he was a member of Southwestern’s Trial Advocacy Honors Program (TAHP).
Mr. Perry has represented numerous national lenders in wrongful foreclosure litigation before both state and federal courts and also in actions for the enforcement and recovery of unsecured debt. Additionally, he represents foreclosure trustees in the administration of surplus foreclosure sale proceeds. An appellate specialist, he also represents a select clientele in general civil and real estate litigation, including real estate brokers, buyers/sellers, landlords, and tenants.
A former Disneyland cast member, in his free time, he enjoys reading, grilling on his Big Green Egg, and volunteering as a financial counselor for his church.
- Admitted to the State Bar of Georgia
- Admitted to the State Bar of California
- Admitted to the United States District Courts for the Central, Southern, Northern, and Eastern Districts
- Admitted to the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
A skilled civil attorney and negotiator with experience representing mortgage lenders, brokers, businesses and individual parties to civil litigation, John Perry is a proven expert in legal research and preparation of effective law and motion papers, mediation and settlement negotiation, client risk assessment, with a wide knowledge of state and federal laws.
Mr. Perry has an established track record of strong leadership, with an excellent sense of humor and well-developed interpersonal and written communication skills.
Southwestern Law School, Los Angeles, CA.
B.A. – Political Science & History
University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA
LAW OFFICES OF ROBERT E. WEISS INCORPORATED
- Successfully argued before the California Court of Appeal to uphold the foreclosure of a multimillion-dollar beachfront Santa Monica, CA property in vigorously contested litigation.
- Produced aggressive demurrers, discovery motions, and motions for summary judgment.
- Effectively negotiated with a variety of litigants, producing a strong track record of successful mediation results.
- Responsible for the administration of over $20 million in surplus foreclosure sale proceeds as trustee representative.
- Leveraged a keen knowledge of civil procedure and evidence to formulate a “big picture” case strategy, securing millions in real property assets.
- Contract, deed, and recordable and testamentary instrument specialist
LOS ANGELES COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY
- Investigated thousands of pages of banking statements to determine patterns of campaign money laundering and drafted written reports summarizing findings resulting in two convictions.
- Drafted successful pre-trial motions in limine helping secure the conviction of the former Commissioner of Los Angeles International Airport and the Port of Los Angeles.
JOHN MUIR COLLEGE RESIDENTIAL LIFE OFFICE, UCSD
- Mentored and supervised an academic community of 85 undergraduate residents.
- Provided personal counseling and conflict mediation between residents and/or staff.
- Expert knowledge of University policies and procedures and FERPA and HIPAA privacy issues.